Those experiencing homelessness or the threat of homelessness should call the County’s Coordinated Entry System (CES) at 703-792-3366. The CES ensures people have fair and equal access to homeless services. The CES team will quickly identify, assess, refer and connect people to resources based on their strengths and needs. CES operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Those who are homeless, exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or testing positive, and do not need hospitalization should call 703-792-3366 for transportation to the local Homeless Crisis Response Plan motel. It is free and provides medical care, food and laundry for those who are homeless and need to be quarantined or isolated.
The Health District has set up a COVID-19 Call Center at 703-872-7759 where people can get information related to COVID-19. The phones are staffed Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. If someone is experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
The Overnight Shelter for adults and the Bill Mehr Drop-In Center is now located at the Sharron Baucom Dale City Recreation Center. The recreation center, which can hold 60 people with room for expansion to 110, has separate dormitory-style rooms for single adult men and women, two common rooms, showers and a room for meals. It can be open 24 hours a day, every day, and is a place where single adults can go for showers, meals, and daily hygiene items, along with access to referrals for behavioral health services, medical and dental referrals, and employment services.
• The Prince William Area Continuum of Care is made up of local governments, non-profit providers, faith-based organizations, outreach organizations, and citizens at large with the goal of ending homelessness. There is help! Call the CES at 703-792-3366.
• OmniRide Local and Metro Express is operating fare free.
• Those in need of food should call the Community Feeding Task Force Food Helpline at 703-794-4668.
• For other types of service, such as Homeless Prevention & Diversion, Emergency Shelter, Rapid Re-Housing and Permanent Supportive Housing, contact the CES at 703-792-3366.
• Economic Impact Payments – Americans without a permanent address qualify for a one-time $1200 Economic Impact Payment